Monday

Welcome Guests With Style!

Since I am newly entering the blog world, I want to first talk about the entrance to my home. My foyer project was a complete makeover for under $500.

The Inspiration:
Jennifer Lopez,  Kim Kardashian, and Kerry Washington have been photographed sporting the sleek Gucci 2011 Spring/Summer collection. I immediately gravitated to the chic combination of teal, orange and purple adorned with metallic gold accents.
To spice it up a bit, I decided to add a graphic detail by painting horizontal stripes, and painting out the molding in a high gloss white. The abstract painting successfully pulled the color pallet from the Gucci collection as well as the gold console table, and tabletop accessories.  Texture was added by incorporating a teal shag rug, a beige furry throw on the bench, and decorative pillows.  The orange and teal animal print pillow is handmade from a 100% silk scarf by TamiB Décor.






DIY Projects:
Light fixtures should make a statement but can also make a pricey impact on your bank statement.  Unfortunately, the clearance needed for my front door did not allow me to incorporate a chandelier, so instead, I chose to create a custom light fixture by dressing up a standard white drum shade with teal ribbon and craft rhinestones. The overall project cost $35.

My painted globe found at Scott Antique Market was an easy project that is definitely a conversational piece and also allows guests to leave messages as they come and go. What would your message say?

No comments:

Post a Comment